Monday, August 15, 2011

Regular massage encourages awareness of the body

Regular massage encourages awareness of the body just as it enhances the body to relax. Body awareness is just what it sounds like, being aware of your body. I hear this from my clients. “I have muscles I didn't even know I had”. Most of us live "inside" our heads unaware of the body that carries us around. We don’t pay attention to what we put in it or how we treat it. Getting massage forces us to pay more attention to ourselves. We become more aware of the aches and pains that we ignore. When you do one thing that is good for you it snowballs and you want to do more good things for yourself. Massage also helps with workout soreness by flushing out toxins. Massage encourages us to take better care of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment